Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"What Do You Love About Your Holiday Home" Party

Today's the day that Karla of Karla's Cottage is hosting a virtual party on her blog. Yay! I love a party, don't you? The theme of the party is, What Do You Love About Your Holiday Home. Karla will have links to everyone's home pictures listed on her blog here. So pour yourself some eggnog and enjoy the tour of my home.

I would have to say the things I like best about my home during the holidays are the wonderful scents of vanilla, cinnamon, and evergreen that fill the air. Cookies baking in the oven and spiced wines simmering on the stove also add to the Christmas mood. Then there are the lights - be it candlelight or tiny white lights - I have them all throughout the house and they give everything such a warm glow.

Unwrapping all the ornaments that have been packed away and only show their faces around the house once a year is another favorite part of Christmas. We decorate several trees throughout our home. After being married for so long, one tends to accumulate quite a few ornaments. This is the main tree in the livingroom and it is filled with nothing but snowman and snowflake ornaments. Sorry that these close-up pics aren't the sharpest. The bright white lights and the lousy zoom on my camera are too blame. But I think you can get the idea.
Yet another section of the tree.

The ornament below is one of my favorites because my daughter made it in school when she was little. I even have some ornaments that I made when I was young. Love those!

This is my grey flannel snowman that I keep on the diningroom table well into January. That is what I like about collecting snowmen ~ you can keep them out to enjoy a little longer than other Christmas decorations.
In the kitchen I have a white feather tree which holds all my gingerbread ornaments. I probably could use a bigger tree here, but my kitchen is quite tiny so this one will have to do.
Another gingerbread vinette on top of the refrigerator.
This tree sits in my front hall and is the larger version of the kitchen tree. I keep this tree up through Easter and change the ornaments from Christmas, to Valentine Hearts, to tiny Easter Baskets filled with jelly beans. Right now it is decorated with pale sage green and white ornments that I have collected over the years.
Here is a closer look at some of the ornaments.
I do so love this vintage old santa. He used to sit in my potting shed, but we haven't decorated that space in the past few years because there isn't any heat out there. Besides I barely have enough time to decorate inside the house before it's time to take it all down again. I love the white altered book and made by a friend.
This last pic is not of my home. It is from my friend's home. I just love this sweet electrified angel of hers. My friend said she got it as a gift so doesn't know it's source. Has anyone ever seen these anywhere? Let me know if you know where I can get one. Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my Holiday House. These are only some of the favorite decorations that fill up our home. But the ornaments and decorations take a back seat to the feeling of love and family that warm our home at Christmastime. Now I'm off to attend some of the other incredible parties that are taking place today.

22 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Lovely decorations! I especially adore your green Santa & snowmen! I collect both of those, too.

I'll be bringing more of my snowmen out right after Christmas Day & like you, I keep mine out all thru January!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Alison Gibbs said...

Jeanne I love the Green Santa I don't think I have seen one that colour before. Love the trees and their lovely decorations.
Alison

Jessi Nagy said...

oohh miss jeanne,
i love everything!!!
so sweet.
jessi

Rhondamum said...

I just found your blog through the "Holiday Home" party. I must say I am very inspired. Your ideas are fabulous and I just love your blog. Expect me back often. Sincerely, Rhonda...

Kari said...

Everything is absolutely gorgeous. So festive and cozy. I couldn't agree more about the scents of the season. Wonderful!!!!
Holiday cheers
Kari

Brittany said...

Jeanne I love that green Santa!! All of your decorations are just lovely!!
:)Brittany

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your decor is beautiful!
I have a snowman tree too! Please stop by my holiday home and take a look!
:)
Thank you for sharing your lovely home.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a fabulous snowman collection! I also loved that green and white tree. Susan

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Love your sneak peeks of holiday decor. I think you have a thing for snowmen.. I see a definite theme :)
I wish my house was more ready to share, but alas.. I am way behind.
Happy Holidays!!

Southern Heart said...

Everything looks so lovely in your home! That green Santa is wonderful, and I enjoyed seeing your snowmen, too (we love collecting those, also!).

xo, Andrea

Debbie Doughty said...

I think sentimental ornaments are the best too! Love your skinny white tree, everything, really!

Anonymous said...

jeanne,
your trees are fantastic, colourful and so whimsical
happy holidays!!
tamy/simplymein

Sherry said...

Jeanne I love your holiday home!! I love all the snowmen (big grin for me), and I love the green/cream...it's lovely, especially the vintage Santa. Very warm, very welcoming!

Anonymous said...

Your decaorations are just lovely. I have a special place in my heart for snowmen. My daughter collects them also. As you say they are nice to have out all during the winter. Thanks for sharing your Holiday Home. I'm not a blogger just a blog reader. I'll be back to visit you again. Happy Holidays!

Sandy said...

I just love your little snowmen but the best one is the one your daughter made! Happy Holidays, Miss Sandy

Anonymous said...

what a great snowman tree! i love the sage and white decor as well! i hopeyou have a wonderful christmas!

kathy said...

Love your blog and getting to see your Christmas lovelies -- I have a ginger collection also -- just not up yet -- way behind on all my decorating . Your site is definately eye candy . -- Kathy
countrychintz.blogspot.com

roseroomnz.com said...

I can almost smell your house! Just lovely. Merry Christmas and Blessings - Rachael

Anonymous said...

Jeanne, it's all lovely! So warm and inviting. I especially love the white tree (and your blog banner!) Thanks for sharing.

Paul-ene said...

Love snowmen! Your tree is super cute and so pretty at the sametime. I love your holiday decor and thanks for sharing. Your right, with snowmen you can keep them out longer during the season. Love that! Enjoy the party!
Ps-I enjoyed my eggnog while looking/even if it was vitual eggnog. ha!

The Urban Chic said...

Jeanne, love it all. Beautiful tour. Hugs, pat

Pinkie Denise said...

Hello,
I loved visiting your home and your trees are so pretty. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and I will be back for the 12 days of Christmas, enjoyed your blog, if you get a chance stop by for tea Pinkie Denise

Related Posts with Thumbnails